What is it?
We provides an invisible alternative to traditional braces. Invisalign® is invisible, comfortable, and removable. It is suitable for adults and teenagers alike. 3D computer imaging of your teeth allows you to see all the planned movements. You will be provided with an animation of your treatment and the approximate duration of your treatment. Patients who have already endured traditional orthodontics love this system. For adults who feel it is too late to straighten their teeth, this is the answer.
All aligners, follow up appointments and final retainers will be included in the total estimate provided to you.
Invisalign® uses a series of custom-made, clear aligner trays to straighten your teeth. These aligners are made of plastic and are worn on your teeth. You wear a new set of aligners about every two weeks until your treatment is done. As you wear a new set of trays, your teeth will gradually shift into the desired place. With 3D computer imaging, we are able to plan the movement of your teeth and provide an estimation of how long your treatment will take.
Advantages of Invisalign?
- Invisible and removable
- No food restrictions
- Easy to clean
- Comfortable to wear
- Does not irritate mouth
How Invisalign can help you?
Is Invisalign right for you? Invisalign helps people who have:
- Teeth overcrowding in their mouth
- Gaps between their teeth
- An overbite
- An underbite or crossbite
There are plenty of benefits of Invisalign treatment. Often people prefer to use Invisalign over braces due to the many advantages that Invisalign can provide.
Invisalign is nearly invisible compared to traditional braces where the wires and metal brackets can be seen.
Invisalign aligners are made with SmartTrack® flexible material, making it super easy to put on and remove, unlike braces which are fixed.
Unlike braces where you have to visit your orthodontist every 3 to 4 weeks, with Invisalign visits are usually only required every 8 to 10 weeks.
Since Invisalign aligners are removable, you can still floss and brush your teeth as per normal – whereas braces may make it difficult for you to clean in between metal brackets, which can result in plaque accumulation and poor oral hygiene.
You need to know
- At the first consultation visit, we take a 3D scan of your teeth using our state of the art iTero scanner and discuss your treatment options with you
- You will also have regular progress appointments, usually once every 8 to 10 weeks, to make sure that your treatment is going as planned
How long does it take?
- The consultation will usually take around 30 to 60 minutes
- Progress appointments will usually take around 30 minutes or less
You may be asked about
- Your dental history and medical history
- After your appointment
- You will need to follow the care instructions provided to you
- You will need to remove your Invisalign aligners for eating, brushing and flossing